Thursday, April 28, 2011

Party time!!

I can't believe his birthday has come and gone. I have been planning his birthday since he was just a couple months old..and I am pretty proud with how it turned out! We had his birthday on Saturday the 16th and boy was it HOT!! I laugh because I was worried about it raining with it being an outside party and it turned out to be the hottest day of the week!!
A lot of the stuff we made our selves and luckily my sister and my wonderful and surprisingly creative husband were able to help me out =)
Mike spray painted wood letters to spell out Cayden for the flags.. The tables..

The party favors were red and black licorice..

Mike came up with the note =)


I made these pom poms and wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but I really liked them!

The table below them was supposed to be for the cake and cupcakes..but because it was soo hot they stayed inside and it became the present table!

My sister and I made the banner..

I found this shirt when Cayden was a couple months old and could not resist knowing it was going to be a race car themed party...he was having some fun before the party started..

The cake was not exactly what we ordered but it still looked cute and best of all we got it for free so no need to complain..

Photos of Cayden's first year of life..





Once people started showing up Mike got busy at the grill cooking up some burgers!

Julie and Kaile frosting the cupcakes!

My sister and I made the flags to go behind Cayden's chair




Present time!!

Cayden got some really great stuff..lots of toys books and clothes!







I Made all of the cute flags that went into the cupcakes..

Singing Happy Birthday!!

I was shocked when Cayden didn't devour the cake..in fact we pretty much had to force him to eat it and get messy with it...but he was still pretty entertaining to watch and I am sure he enjoyed it =)









He was a mess after and we were in such a rush that morning neither of us thought to bring a change of clothes for him but with it being soo hot I don't think he minded being naked one bit..



Auntie Julie and Cayden dipping their feet in the pool..



All in all it was an extremely busy stressful and enjoyable day...one that we will never forget =)

2 comments:

Jason and Tammy said...

Thats such a cute party!!! I love the photos of Cayden's First year!!

Brian and Ally said...

First I have to say that is one very unflattering picture of Tammy Kari and I LOL! Its horrible but the cupcakes looked awsome! That was so fun at the party! Super awsome pictures too!